A vibrant arts community is an incredibly valuable asset. Research shows it adds many benefits to the community-at-large including individual well-being, economic health, student achievement, diversity, tax revenues, social capital, tourism, and civic participation. Art, in all its forms, has a quantifiable, positive impact on quality of life for all residents in Black Hawk County.
Actions for Impact
The Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa is a leader in Cedar Valley Arts, a coalition composed of artists, arts administrators, educators, community leaders, and advocates. CFNEIA Program Director, Tom Wickersham, is contributing in a leadership role with the organization.
The group organized Arts Summit 2.0 in September 2018, an event to gather input from community members, the arts sector, and local leaders on how to best launch new efforts aimed at strengthening the arts in the Cedar Valley. Input from the meeting is being used to develop a framework around three questions.
- How can a sustainable arts hub organization be created?
- What focus areas does the community envision for the organization?
- What gaps in the arts community can be filled with the creation of such an organization?
What You Can Do
- Stay informed on the issues by following the CFNEIA facebook page and checking the news section of our website.
- Invest in Cedar Valley Arts by donating to the Elevating the Arts Fund with CFNEIA.
- Invest in the Community Foundation's community initiatives by donating to the CFNEIA Community Initiatives Fund.
In the News
Waterloo Cedar Falls Courier, Cedar Valley Art seeks community input