Coronavirus (COVID-19) Statement
March 13, 2020
The Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa is monitoring the local impact of the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19). While this situation is continues to evolve quickly, we continue to react and plan using the best information available. At the Foundation, we are focusing on how we can best prepare and support our staff, our donors, and the nonprofits in our community.
The Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) pandemic is affecting our world, our country, our state, and our communities. The Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa is monitoring efforts to slow the spread of Coronavirus and is operating in a state of preparedness. Please keep in mind this is an ever-changing situation and the information and actions below may change at any time.
As a precautionary measure, and to protect our communities and their residents, CFNEIA events, and events of our affiliate foundations, through April 30 have been postponed indefinitely. At this time, it is the Foundation’s intent to maintain normal business hours. However, our Community Room space will be closed to outside groups. These decisions have been made utilizing the most recent information we have available from trusted health and government agencies.
The safety and well-being of people living in the communities we serve is a priority. We ask all residents to follow CDC recommendations below to help prevent the disease.
- Frequently wash your hands for 20 seconds or more with soapy water. If unavailable, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Thank you for your understanding and support during this public health crisis. We continue to discuss and plan how to best respond to this situation as a community partner and nonprofit funder.