Matching Gift Opportunity to Support Palo Alto County Nonprofits Offered by Community Foundation
Palo Alto County Community Foundation
May 10, 2021
The Palo Alto County Community Foundation (PACCF) is offering a matching gift opportunity to donations made to nonprofit agency funds held with the Foundation. All donors making a gift of $500 or greater qualify to receive a 20 percent match. This opportunity is offered on a first-come, first-served basis with a total of $12,000 in matching funds and is available through June 2021. Gifts can be made online at paloaltoccf.org.
Nonprofit agency funds currently held with the Foundation include:
- Feed Our Kids - Emmetsburg Endowment Fund*
- Five Island Trail Endowment Fund*
- Graettinger Economic Development Quasi Endowment Fund
- Graettinger Labor Day Celebration Endowment Fund*
- Palo Alto County Conservation Foundation - Lost Island Nature Center Endowment Fund*
- Palo Alto County Hospital Auxiliary Quasi Endowment Fund
- Shrine of the Grotto of the Redemption Endowment Fund*
- Silver Lake Cemetery Perpetual Care Endowment Fund*
- St. Pat’s Association Endowment Fund*
- St. Paul’s Lutheran Cemetery Perpetual Care Endowment Fund*
- West Bend Friends of the Library Fund*
- West Bend Historical Society Fund*
- West Bend – Mallard Achievement Foundation Endowment Fund*
Gifts to funds that are Endow Iowa eligible (indicated by * in the list above) have the added benefit of the 25% state tax credit, as well as normal federal tax deductions for charitable gifts. More information about Endow Iowa can be found at cfneia.org/endowiowa.
The match also applies to donors interested in starting their own fund, or a fund to support a nonprofit they love, with the Foundation. A minimum of $10,000 is required to establish a fund with the PACCF.
“The purpose of this match is to help our local nonprofits build or create an endowment which provides long-term financial support for their organization and ultimately benefits the entire community forever,” said Don Miller, chair of the Palo Alto County Community Foundation. “A gift of $500 would receive an additional $100 through the match for a total gift of $600. Then add on an additional 25% tax credit for Endow Iowa eligible funds. This is a great opportunity to really make an impact.”
Matching gift dollars were made possible by a grant from the Palo Alto County Gaming Development Corporation (PACGDC) which established the Foundation.
Gifts of cash/check and stock are accepted through the Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa, 3117 Greenhill Circle, Cedar Falls, IA, 50613, which is the administrative office of the Palo Alto County Community Foundation. Checks should be made payable to the name of the fund the donor is making a gift to. Gifts can also be made on the Community Foundation’s secure website at paloaltoccf.org.
Questions about the match, making a gift or establishing a fund may be directed to Terry Gaumer, affiliate development director with CFNEIA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 319-243-1354.