Mitchell and Howard County Opportunity Fund Distributes $9,725 to Local Nonprofit Organizations
December 16, 2022
The Mitchell and Howard County Opportunity Fund has granted $9,725 to five projects of organizations serving Mitchell and/or Howard County through its 2022 grant cycle. The fund was established with the Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa in 2001 by an anonymous donor to support projects of nonprofit organizations or government entities that serve to meet crucial needs in the areas of education & youth development and environment & animal welfare in Mitchell and Howard counties.
Grant recipient organization, project the grant will fund, and grant amount are listed below by funding area.
Education & Youth Development
- City of St. Ansgar, Parks Board - Clausen Park Renovation, $1,000
- City of St. Ansgar, St. Ansgar Recreational Trail Committee - Trail Expansion, $3,000
Environment & Animal Welfare
- Fish & Game Club, Pond Restoration, $1,000
- Mitchell County ISU Extension, Iowa Master Woodland Steward Program, $725
- Wapsi-Great Western Line Trail Association, Building a Solid Foundation with Concrete, $4,000
“The Foundation is pleased to be able to support the ongoing impact created through this fund into Mitchell and Howard County communities,” said Kaye Englin, president and CEO at the Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa.
More information about the Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa can be found at www.cfneia.org.