Jaspers Family Foundation Fund of Worth County Awards $42,559 to Local Nonprofit Organizations
January 13, 2023
The Jaspers Family Foundation Fund of Worth County held its 2022 grant awards celebration at the Bolan Schoolhouse & Cultural Center on Jan. 12, announcing the distribution of $42,559 to nine projects of organizations serving Worth County through its 2022 grant cycle.
“The Jaspers family’s generosity and legacy live on through this fund and the impacts it is creating by supporting nonprofits working to make a difference in Worth County communities,” said Terry Gaumer, affiliate development director with the Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa.
Grant recipient organization, project the grant will fund and grant amount are listed below by funding areas.
- City of Fertile, Fertile Garden Club - Christmas Decorations, $3,000
- Northwood Lions Club, Christmas Lighting Project 2022, $3,000
Education & Youth Development
- Central Springs Ag Ed Boosters, Agricultural Education Program and Startup FFA Chapter, $15,000
- North Central Iowa Ag in the Classroom, Agriculture Education in Worth County Schools, $5,000
- Crisis Intervention Service, BFF: Bright Financial Futures, $1,500
- Elderbridge Agency on Aging, The Client Assistance Program, $3,119
- Food Bank of Iowa, Feeding Worth County, $5,000
- Iowa Legal Aid, Legal Assistance for Worth County Families, $3,250
- Worth County Community of Promise, Improving Food Insecurity Access, $3,690
Grants from the Jaspers Family Foundation Fund of Worth County with the Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa are available to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations and government entities in Worth County. Grant selections are made in an effort to create a better quality of life for people in Worth County. The Worth County Community Foundation committee, consisting of local volunteers, reviews the applications from charitable organizations serving their community. More information about this grant opportunity can be found at www.cfneia.org/jaspersfamilyfoundationfund.
The establishment of the Jaspers Family Foundation Fund of Worth County was made possible by the Jaspers Family. Maynard and Marjory Jaspers were long-time successful business owners in Worth County. They had three sons with no heirs. At his death, Donald Jaspers donated the proceeds from the combined estates of the Jaspers Family to provide charitable support for Worth County.
Questions may be directed to Terry Gaumer with the Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa at 319-243-1354 or email@example.com.