Grundy County Community Foundation Distributes Over $146,500 to Local Nonprofit Organizations
Grundy County Community Foundation
April 28, 2023
The Grundy County Community Foundation (GCCF) held its 2023 grant awards celebration at the Grundy Center Community Center on April 27, announcing the distribution of $146,558.28 to 24 projects of organizations serving Grundy County through its 2023 grant cycle.
“The Grundy County Community Foundation continues to proudly support the needs of our individual communities as well as our entire county through the work of our nonprofit partners,” said Lexie Hach, chair of the GCCF committee.
Grant recipient organization, project the grant will fund, and grant amount is listed below by funding area.
Arts & Culture
- Dike-New Hartford Community School District, Arts Department – Celebrating Artwork Through Connection and Community, $2,000
- Dike-New Hartford Community School District, Music Department – Creating Community One Strum at a Time, $1,000
- City of Beaman, Fire Department – Helmets and Rescue Tools, $6,500
- City of Grundy Center, Community Center – Baby Changing Stations, $1,000
- City of Grundy Center, Park Board – Pickleball Courts, $5,000
- City of Holland, Fire Department – Gear, Breathing Apparatus, & Cylinder, $10,000
- City of Reinbeck, Park Board – Aquatic Center Bathhouse, $7,000
- City of Stout, Fire Department – Bunker Gear, Station, and Truck Equipment Update, $10,000
- City of Wellsburg, Library – Programming, $1,200
- City of Wellsburg, Playground Project Committee – A Place 2 Play Playground, $10,000
- Conrad Chamber – Main Street, Community LED Sign, $4,000
- The Larrabee Center, Trickets & Togs Carpet, $1,000
Education & Youth Development
- City of Beaman, Library – Young Adult Resources, $1,990
- Gladbrook-Reinbeck Community Schools, Computer Science Department – Improvement for Room 42, $1,000
- Gladbrook-Reinbeck Community Schools, Science Department – ActivityBot360 for the Classroom, $3,662
- Grundy Community Preschool and Childcare Center, Kids Campus Additions, $3,000
- Joyful Noise Daycare and Preschool, Carpet Improvement, $2,100
- Maroon & White, Tuckpointing Project, $20,000
Environment & Animal Welfare
- Grundy County Auditor, Conservation Board – Wolf Creek Disk Golf Addition, $3,281.28
- BCLUW Community School District, Stop the Bleed School Cabinets and Kits, $1,840
- Grundy County Memorial Hospital, Improving Rural Access to Surgery Services, $20,000
- UnityPoint Health Marshalltown – Grundy Center Family Medicine, Improving Pediatric Vision Screening in Grundy County, $5,985
- Northeast Iowa Food Bank, Feeding Families, $15,000
- Operation Threshold, Grundy County Crisis Assistance, $10,000
Decisions on grant awards are determined by a local committee, which consists of volunteers from Grundy County. Committee members include Jeffrey Frank, Lexie Hach (chair), Nick Jans, Jen Jensen, Jake Pabst, Erin Schildroth and Angie Thesing.
Grants are awarded through GCCF’s competitive grant process to projects in the program areas of arts and culture, community betterment, education and youth development, environment and animal welfare, health and human service. Grant applicants must be a 501(c)(3) designated organization or government entity serving Grundy County in order to be considered for funding. More information about the GCCF can be found at www.grundyccf.org.