Grundy County Community Foundation Distributes Over $111,00 to Local Nonprofit Organizations
Grundy County Community Foundation
March 30, 2021
Watch the video above to hear from Jeanine Marts, 2021 Chair of the Grundy County Community Foundation, about the grant-funded projects.
The Grundy County Community Foundation (GCCF) has granted $111,840.94 to 26 projects of organizations serving Grundy County through its 2021 grant cycle.
“The Grundy County Community Foundation is proud to partner with our local nonprofit organizations and support their work to make Grundy County a better place for everyone,” said Jeanine Marts, chair of the GCCF governing committee.
Grant recipient organization, project the grant will fund, and grant amount are listed below by funding areas.
Arts & Culture
- Gladbrook-Reinbeck Community Schools, 5-12 GR Band - Brass Additions, $4,420
- City of Beaman, Fire Department - Radio Addition, $6,257
- City of Beaman, Library - Beaman Discovery Garden Care and Enhancement, $1,010
- City of Dike, Fire Department - Ice Rescue Suits, $1,755
- City of Grundy Center, Grundy Community Center – Refrigerator, $3,000
- City of Grundy Center, Park Board – Sidewalks, $3,000
- City of Holland, SCBA Cylinders/Pager Upgrade Project, $8,000
- City of Stout, Fire Department - Station Tool & Radio Update, $3,500
- City of Wellsburg, Library - Projector and Sound Equipment, $1,791
- Reinbeck Firemen, TNT Rescue Extrication Tools Upgrade, $12,520
- The Larrabee Center, Trinkets and Togs - Thrift Store, $1,000
Education & Youth Development
- AGWSR Community School District, High Interest/Low Level Materials for Struggling Readers, $2,700
- BCLUW Community School District, The Leader in Me, $6,903
- Grundy Community Preschool and Childcare Center, Playground Upgrades, $2,300
- Iowa College Access Network, Student and Educator Support During and Post COVID-19, $1,500
- Timothy Christian School, Technology, $1,840
- City of Grundy Center, Ambulance Department - Video Laryngoscope, $9,150
- Grundy County Memorial Hospital, Local Access to Surgery Care, $6,000
- Bottles Two Backpacks, Replace the Toys, $1,500
- Crisis Intervention Service, Technology Update, $1,000
- Iowa Legal Aid, Updating Technology to Better Serve Low-Income Grundy County Residents, $3,700
- Joyful Noise Daycare, Room Equipment Improvement, $2,378
- Lutheran Services in Iowa, Families Together II in Grundy County, $4,000
- Northeast Iowa Area Agency on Aging, NEI3A Grundy County Congregate and Home Delivered Meals Program, $5,000
- Northeast Iowa Food Bank, Feeding Communities of Grundy County, $10,000
- Operation Threshold, Grundy County Crisis Assistance, $7,616.94
Decisions on grant awards are determined by a local committee, which consists of volunteers from Grundy County. Committee members include: Marcia Beving, Jessica Eilers, Jeffrey Frank, Lexie Hach, Jen Jensen, Jeanine Marts (chair), Brandi Morris, Angie Thesing and Mike Williams.
Grants are awarded through GCCF’s competitive grant process to projects in the program areas of: arts and culture, community betterment, education and youth development, environment and animal welfare, health and human service. Grant applicants must be a 501(c)(3) designated organization or government entity serving Grundy County in order to be considered for funding. The 2022 grant cycle opens October 15 with an application deadline of December 31, 2021. The grant guidelines and application can be found at www.grundyccf.org.