Grundy County Community Foundation Distributes $119,599 to Local Organizations
Grundy County Community Foundation
March 27, 2020
The Grundy County Community Foundation (GCCF) announced $119,599 in grant funding to 23 projects of organizations serving Grundy County as part of its 2020 grant cycle.
The grant decisions were determined prior to the COVID-19 pandemic and its effect on communities and nonprofits. Nonprofits receiving grants may choose to shift funding to general operating support in response to this public health and economic crisis. The Community Foundation will discuss decisions with nonprofits on a one-on-one basis.
“The Grundy County Community Foundation is proud to partner with these nonprofits who are making a difference in our local communities,” said Angie Martin, chair of the GCCF governing committee. “While the Community Foundation is not able to hold its annual award celebration at this time due to the COVID-19 Coronavirus, grant checks will be mailed and we look forward to seeing the impacts in Grundy County.”
Grant recipient organization, project the grant will fund, and grant amount are listed below by funding areas.
Art and Culture
- City of Grundy Center, Theatre - 2020 Improvement Project, $12,470
- Grundy County Agricultural Society, Grandstand Project, $9,000
- City of Grundy Center, Aquatic Center - Slides & Spray Pad Restoration, $15,600
- City of Grundy Center, Kling Memorial Library - Public Access Computers, $4,650
- City of Grundy Center, Park Board - Park Revitalize Project, $3,000
- City of Wellsburg, Library - Teen Program, $1,118
- BCLUW Community School District, The Leader in Me, $3,500
- Gladbrook-Reinbeck Community Schools, High School Science - The Basics of Forensic Science, $2,538
- Grundy Center Community School, Elementary School - The Leader in Me, $3,500
- Iowa College Access Network, Life After High School - Building Iowa's Future Workforce, $1,000
- AGWSR Community School District, Wellsburg Center - Vision Screening Equipment, $1,000
- Grundy County, Public Health - Protect Your Noggin, Wear a Helmet, $1,000
- Grundy County ISU Extension & Outreach, Powerful Tools for Caregiving, $1,000
- City of Beaman, Fire Department - Rescue Truck Equipment Purchases, $4,012
- City of Dike, Fire Department - Extrication Equipment, $18,000
- City of Grundy Center, Fire Department - Thermal Imager and SCBA Facepiece, $7,238
- City of Holland, Fire Department - SCBA Bottles/Gear/Hose, $3,973
- GR Daycare Little Rebels Learning Center, Outdoor Play Equipment, $3,000
- Lutheran Services in Iowa, Families Together II in Grundy County , $3,000
- Northeast Iowa Area Agency on Aging, Grundy County Congregate Home Delivered Meals Program, $5,000
- Northeast Iowa Food Bank, Mobile Food Pantry Program, $5,000
- Operation Threshold, Grundy County Food Pantry, $5,000
- Reinbeck Firemen, MSA G1 Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus Replacement Project, $6,000
Decisions on grant awards are determined by a local committee, which consists of volunteers from Grundy County. Committee members include: Deb Bausman, Brandy Bingman, Jessica Eilers, Jen Jensen, Angie Martin (chair), Jeanine Marts, Brandi Morris, Bob Watermiller and Mike Williams.
Grants are awarded through Grundy County Community Foundation’s competitive grant process to projects in the program areas of: art and culture, community betterment, education, environment, health, historic preservation and human service. Grant applicants must be a 501(c)(3) designated organization or government entity serving Grundy County in order to be considered for funding. The 2021 grant cycle opens October 15, 2020 with an application deadline of December 31. The grant guidelines and application will be posted prior to the cycle opening at www.grundyccf.org.