Franklin County Community Foundation Distributes $99,900 to Local Organizations
Franklin County Community Foundation
March 27, 2020
The Franklin County Community Foundation (FCCF) announced $99,900 in grant funding to 23 projects of organizations serving Franklin County as part of its 2020 grant cycle.
The grant decisions were determined prior to the COVID-19 pandemic and its effect on communities and nonprofits. Nonprofits receiving grants may choose to shift funding to general operating support in response to this public health and economic crisis. The Community Foundation will discuss decisions with nonprofits on a one-on-one basis.
“The Franklin County Community Foundation is proud to partner with these nonprofits who are making a difference in our local communities,” said Michelle Sackville, chair of the FCCF governing committee. “While the Community Foundation is not able to hold its annual award celebration at this time due to the COVID-19 Coronavirus, grant checks will be mailed and we look forward to seeing the impacts in Franklin County.”
Grant recipient organization, project the grant will fund, and grant amount are listed below by funding areas.
Art and Culture
- Windsor Theatre Development Corporation, Ice Machine, $1,500
- City of Coulter, City Hall Sidewalk and Handicap Access, $3,000
- City of Sheffield, Galvin's Park Dump Station, $4,500
- City of Sheffield, Library - Lego League, $1,000
- Franklin County Fair & Convention Center, Convention Center Audio Video, Technology and Security Need, $10,000
- Immanuel UCC, Trailside Park Playground, $7,500
- The Geneva Community Betterment, Bus Barn Renovation and Cement Project, $5,000
- CAL Community School District, Elementary - Playground Update, $5,000
- Hampton-Dumont Community School District, HD/CAL - Garden of Dreamin' (School Greenhouse Equipment), $10,000
- La Luz Hispana, English Classroom Equipment, $4,200
- North Central Iowa Ag in the Classroom, Agriculture Education for Franklin County Schools, $1,000
- City of Hampton, Tree Board - Emerald Ash Borer Replacement, $2,500
- Franklin County R.A.C.E., Showers for Men's Locker Room, $2,100
- Franklin General Hospital Foundation, Franklin General Hospital - Latimer Clinic Exam Tables, $10,000
- North Central Iowa Model Railroad Club, The Rock Island Depo Historical Preservation Project 2020, $4,100
- Access, Incorporated, Technology and Transportation, $9,500
- City of Hansell, Fire Department - Gear, $3,000
- Cub Cadet Childhood Center, Center Renovation, $4,000
- Dows Rural Fire Association, Bunker Gear, $3,000
- Franklin County Family Focus, Family Time Incentives, $1,000
- Franklin County ISU Extension, Franklin County Child Care Committee - Recruitment Program, $2,000
- Hampton Community Christian Daycare, School-Age Shelving and Building Toys, $5,000
- Sheffield Betterment Foundation, Cub Scout Pack 4024 Camping Trailer, $1,000
Decisions on grant awards are determined by a local committee, which consists of volunteers from Franklin County. Committee members include: Nadine Baltes, Karen Bruns, Dennis Carlson, Ted Hughes, Aimee Lenth, Anne Plagge, Nicole Poock, Eric Reicherts, Jamie Reinke and Michelle Sackville (chair).
Grants are awarded through Franklin County Community Foundation’s competitive grant process to projects in the program areas of: art and culture, community betterment, education, environment, health, historic preservation and human service. Grant applicants must be a 501(c)(3) designated organization or government entity serving Franklin County in order to be considered for funding. The 2021 grant cycle opens December 1, 2020 with an application deadline of January 15, 2021. The grant guidelines and application will be posted prior to the cycle opening at www.franklinccf.org.