Buchanan County Community Foundation Distributes More Than $133,000
Buchanan County Community Foundation
July 11, 2019
The Buchanan County Community Foundation (BCCF) held its 2019 grant awards ceremony at Winthrop Fellowship Hall on July 10, announcing the distribution of $133,672.49 in grants to 24 projects of organizations serving Buchanan County.
“This is the largest amount of discretionary grant dollars the Buchanan County Community Foundation has been able to distribute thus far,” said Pete Gaumer, BCCF committee chair. “We are honored to be part of helping these nonprofit organization projects come to life and we look forward to seeing these dollars at work in our local communities.”
Grant recipient organization, project the grant will fund, and grant amount are listed below by funding areas.
Art and Culture
- Heartland Acres Agribition Center, Building Signage, $1,000
- Buchanan County, Conservation Board - Iron Bridge Access: Gateway for River Use on the Wapsipinicon River, $10,000
- City of Lamont, Lamont Scout Park Renovation Project, $10,000
- Operation 11th Hour Fund, Operation 11th Hour, $8,000
- River Road Rescue Sanctuary, Climate Controlled Quarantine Facility, $8,546.47
- Buchanan County EMS Association, Buchanan County EMS Education, $2,850
- City of Fairbank, Library - Krayon Kiosk, $1,616
- East Buchanan Community School District, East Buchanan School Intruder Lockdown, $4,835.02
- Iowa College Access Network, Life After High School - Education and Training for All, $1,000
- Iowa Northland Regional Council of Governments, Safe Routes to School - Bike Helmet Project, $2,000
- Jesup Community School District, Industrial Tech - Air Quality System, $2,900
- Buchanan County ISU Extension and Outreach, Bio Security for Buchanan County Fair, $3,500
- SuccessLink, TFY - Health Education, $2,500
- Buchanan County Historical Society, Phase 6 - Restoration of Capt. D.S. Lee Mansion, $5,000
- St. James' Episcopal Church of Independence, Church Bell Tower Steeple and Foundation Wall Preservation, $4,996
- Winthrop Commercial and Community Club, Winthrop Historical Museum Restoration Project, $10,000
- Buchanan County, Sheriff's Office - UAV (Drone) Project, $2,641
- City of Independence, Police Department - Squad Car Equipment, $4,450
- City of Stanley, Fire Department - Backup Generator Project, $7,500
- Independence Area Food Pantry, Compliance Upgrade for Cooling and Heating, $9,885
- Lamont Fire Department Foundation, SCBA Update, $10,000
- Northeast Iowa Area Agency on Aging, Buchanan County Home Delivered Meals, $10,000
- Operation Threshold, Buchanan County Community and Parent Education (BCC&PE), $5,221
- Riverview Center, Sexual Assault Crisis Intervention Toolkit, $5,232
Grants are awarded through BCCF’s competitive grant process. Decisions on grant awards are determined by a local committee, which consists of volunteers from Buchanan County. Grants may be awarded to projects in the program areas of: art and culture, community betterment, education, environment, health, historic preservation and human service. Grant applicants must be a 501(c)(3) designated organization (or government entity) serving Buchanan County in order to be considered for funding.
The 2020 grant cycle opens February 1 with an application deadline of April 1, 2020. Grant guidelines and applications can be found at www.buchananccf.org.