COVID-19 Disaster Response from CFNEIA Affiliates
March 23, 2020
Affiliate foundations of the Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa are responding to the need across northeast Iowa due to the COVID-19 pandemic by establishing a COVID-19 Disaster Response Fund in their county. As communities and nonprofits serving the most vulnerable populations face increasing challenges, the unrestricted fund will provide a flexible, responsive funding source for the communities and residents within each applicable county. The intent of the fund is to be responsive to the needs of nonprofits who are providing basic needs services and organizations working with individuals and families who have been disproportionately impacted by the public health and economic consequences of the coronavirus pandemic.
The COVID-19 Disaster Response Funds provide an opportunity for the public to give to their communities in response to the local aspects of the disaster with the reassurance their donations will be used to quickly move resources to where they are most needed and to adapt to evolving needs. Here is the current list of affiliates who have established a COVID-19 Disaster Response Fund with a link of where you can give online:
- Buchanan County Community Foundation, cfneia.org/buchanancovidfund
- Emmet County Community Foundation, cfneia.org/emmetcovidfund
- Fayette County Community Foundation, cfneia.org/fayettecovidfund
- Floyd County Community Foundation, cfneia.org/floydcovidfund
- Grundy County Community Foundation, cfneia.org/grundycovidfund
- Howard County Community Foundation, cfneia.org/howardcovidfund
- Kossuth County Community Foundation, cfneia.org/kossuthcovidfund
- Tama County Community Foundation, cfneia.org/tamacovidfund
- Winnebago County Community Foundation, cfneia.org/winnebagocovidfund
- Winneshiek County Community Foundation, cfneia.org/winneshiekcovidfund
Other affiliates are backing support of funds and/or resources already established within their area as to not duplicate efforts and to strengthen existing support. These affiliates include:
- Bremer County Community Foundation – directing people to support the Waverly-Shell Rock Area United Way’s Bremer County COVID-19 Disaster Relief. Service area covers all of Bremer County plus Shell Rock and gifts can be made online at wsrunitedway.org/covid.
- Cerro Gordo, Franklin, and Worth County Community Foundations – directing people to support the United Way of North Central Iowa’s COVID-19 Disaster Relief Fund. UWNCI’s service area covers eight counties including Cerro Gordo, Floyd, Franklin, Hancock, Kossuth, Mitchell, Winnebago, and Worth. Details on how to give to this fund and how nonprofits can apply for funding can be found at unitedwaynci.org/covid-19-disaster-relief-funds.
As the public health crisis remains ever-changing, changes to these lists will be made as needed.
*Updated as of April 30.