Spring Grantmaking Impacts Across Region
June 26, 2020
CFNEIA has the honor of enriching communities across our diverse 20-county region. Supporting our nonprofit partners and their work in the communities they serve through impactful grantmaking drives a large part of the Community Foundation’s work across this region. Through CFNEIA’s 2020 spring discretionary grant cycle, which includes grantmaking by eight affiliates and in Black Hawk County, $1,194,348.41 in grant funding was awarded to 207 nonprofit agency projects.
The breakdown of the impact is as follows:
- Black Hawk County (CFNEIA), $377,526
- Benton County Community Foundation, $107,095
- Bremer County Community Foundation and Readlyn Community Fund, $161,285.67
- Buchanan County Community Foundation, $106,043.37
- Cerro Gordo County Community Foundation, $124,761.37
- Emmet County Community Foundation, $102,275
- Iowa County Community Foundation, $118,794
- Winnebago County Community Foundation, $96,568
Nonprofits and specific projects funded can be found by clicking on the name of each county above.
Grants are awarded through CFNEIA’s competitive grant process. Decisions on grant awards are determined by local volunteers who know their community and understand its unique needs. Grants are awarded to projects in the program areas of art and culture, community betterment, education, environment, health, historic preservation, and human service. Grant applicants must be a 501(c)(3) designated organization or government entity serving the county in which they apply in order to be considered for funding.
Learn more about the grant opportunities for nonprofits across the CFNEIA region.