Icof 2017 2018 report+1

Iowa County Endowment Fund Program Marks 15 Years

October 3, 2019

2019 marks the 15th year of the Iowa County Endowment Fund Program which supports local communities now and invests in our state’s future! Through this program, a percentage of Iowa’s gaming tax revenue is distributed to community foundations in the 84 counties that do not hold a state-issued gaming license. Participating community foundations grant 75% of these funds to charitable county projects and the remaining 25% of these funds are earmarked for the county’s permanent endowment fund. Community foundations must be confirmed in compliance with National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations or be affiliated with an accredited foundation, like CFNEIA, to receive these gaming dollars. Since 2004, over 27,000 grants have been made to invest more than $100 million in the 84 counties.


View the 15th anniversary video for the County Endowment Fund Program.


The program is administered by the Iowa Economic Department Authority (IEDA) which works closely with the Iowa Council of Foundations (ICOF) in coordinating the program and determining the community foundation recipients of the funding. To view the most recent annual fund report or to learn more about the program, visit www.iowacommunityfoundations.org.