Internship: Teen Trust Student Director
Job Summary: The Teen Trust Student Director works with 24 of the area’s best high school students in one of the region’s most innovative programs, Teen Trust. This internship position is responsible for effectively managing the Teen Trust youth philanthropy program. The Teen Trust Student Director works with, and reports to, the Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa Program Director.
About Teen Trust: The Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa’s Teen Trust program is a model for youth philanthropy. Each year, a diverse group of students from area high schools allocates $15,000 to non-profit agencies in Black Hawk County. Using a grant application system, site visits, and training seminars, the Trustees work as a team to decide which organizations to assist through financial aid or volunteerism. Teen Trust was created with a vision in mind - to prepare youth to be “trustees of their community.”
- Internship Position
- Paid Position: ($12/hr)
- Position runs July -May
- Training Provided
- Flexible schedule (average about 6-8 hours per week)
- Coordinate and implement a retreat day for the Trustees at the kickoff of their term
- Coordinate, implement, and facilitate bi-monthly Teen Trust meetings
- Assist in organizing and participate in service projects throughout the year
- Coordinate year-end grant presentations and an annual student celebration event
- Serve as a mentor for the Teens
- College student
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
To apply for this position: Email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Click here to download the job description.
CFNEIA is an equal opportunity employer.