Marketing and Communications Intern
Job Purpose: The Marketing and Communications Intern works closely with the Manager of Marketing and Communications to implement marketing and communication plans and initiatives of the Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa and its affiliates.
Hourly Rate: $10/hour
Hours: Part-time flexible schedule
- Assist with the creation of flyers and/or other designed materials, as needed.
- Assist in video production for posting to social media and the CFNEIA website. This may include storyboarding, shooting video, editing video, etc.
- Assist with managing the CFNEIA Facebook and LinkedIn pages by creating, posting, and scheduling relevant content. This may include drafting copy, taking or selecting photos, creating graphics, creating video, etc.
- Assist with the development and execution of the online paid advertising plan for Facebook, Google, and other platforms as needed. This may include designing the Facebook ads or helping to write and create google text ads.
- Assist with keeping CFNEIA’s website current including updating graphics and images, copy, or making other updates as needed.
- Assist with tracking and reporting social media and website analytics for CFNEIA.
Minimum Requirements/Skills/Personal Characteristics:
- College student entering their sophomore, junior, or senior year pursuing a degree in marketing, advertising, digital media, graphic design, public relations, communications, journalism, or other applicable area.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills.
- Creative, conceptual thinker with a keen eye for detail.
- Knowledge of digital marketing practices including website and social media platforms.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud suite of products.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of projects.
- Competent computer skills and knowledge.
- Photography and video production experience is favorable.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Send a resume and cover letter to Jenna Flugum, Marketing and Communications Manager, at email@example.com by Friday, January 14, 2022. Examples of work (e.g., writing samples, graphic design projects, video projects, link to an online portfolio of work, etc.) may also be submitted.