Job Purpose: This position provides support for the Foundation’s Finance department as outlined below and assigned by the Finance Manager.
Job Type: Part-Time (.5 FTE)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the accounts payable process by cutting checks, reviewing documentation to ensure accuracy of amount and vendor information and following up with payees on checks outstanding.
- Enter and post gifts into the Foundation Management System and ensure gift amounts and information matches provided gift documentation.
- Reconcile monthly investment accounts and prepare journal entries where necessary.
- Assist with preparation of the annual financial audit.
- Assist in creating Available to Spend reports for all grant cycles.
- Generate quarterly fund statements.
- Generate financial reports upon request.
- Prepare invoices for insurance policy premiums and scholarship supplemental payments.
- Revise and create documentation as it pertains to responsibilities.
- Provide general phone call queue response and call routing.
- Scanning of financial records for electronic filing.
- Assist in managing the office door schedules via system application as they relate to groups utilizing the Community Room.
- Assist in managing the HVAC settings and schedules via system application.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of two years relevant experience preferred. High school diploma with three to five years relevant experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (especially Outlook, Word, Excel) required.
- Mail merging experience preferred.
- Strong database skills and ability to efficiently manage and deploy data. Foundation Management System knowledge preferred.
- Work style characterized by self-motivation, initiative, and integrity.
- Committed to confidentiality, effectiveness, and efficiency.
- Commitment and ability to work both independently and as part of a small office team.
Travel: Minimal travel is expected for this position.
To Apply: Click the button below to apply. Please make sure to upload your cover letter and resume where indicated on the application form.