The Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa and the University of Northern Iowa are partnering to create CommUNIversity, an experiential learning opportunity to benefit both students and the nonprofit organizations in the Cedar Valley.
The collaboration is seeking nonprofits to apply to be part of this part of this unique program. Four selected nonprofits will each receive a grant of $1,000 to assist them in supporting the students in the LYHS 4320 Financial Resource Management course in the department of Health, Recreation and Community Services at the University of Northern Iowa. This opportunity also includes an option of professional development as the selected agency's staff members can attend the grant seeking and writing part of the course.
The collaboration between nonprofit organizations and students for this assignment is mutually beneficial and provides:
- An authentic, real-life setting for students, coupled with the guidance and support of the partner nonprofit professionals and their academic instructor.
- An end product for each organization that includes multiple proposals with content and information the organization’s professionals can draw from in their continued grant seeking and fundraising endeavors.
Complete details about the collaboration can be found in the Grant Guidelines (see link below).
|Application Due:||October 2|
How to Apply
- Review our Grant Guidelines to see if you qualify for this grant.
- Log in to our online grant management system (or register if you don't already have an account). All open CFNEIA grants are listed in this system.
- Find the grant you wish to apply for in the list to start your application. You can save your progress at any point and complete the application at a later date.
If you have questions about the online grant application, how to use the online grant site, or other grant writing questions, please visit our Grantseeker's Resources.