Bringing Neighbors Together
Bringing Neighbors Together is a program of the Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa that provides grants to support neighborhoods in Black Hawk County. CFNEIA believes that bringing neighbors together is the key to creating a stronger community. As more neighbors get to know each other, all the residents of the neighborhood benefit.
To help strengthen neighborhoods, CFNEIA awards micro-grants of up to $1,250 to support creative and impactful neighborhood-centric, event-based programs in Black Hawk County.
The goals of the Bringing Neighbors Together grants:
- Encourage community-building within neighborhoods
- Make more resources available to neighborhoods
- Empower residents to be involved in solving neighborhood and community issues
- Help establish or strengthen neighborhood associations
- Reduce crime through activities that build neighborhood unity
Any neighborhood in Black Hawk County is eligible to apply for a Bringing Neighbors Together grant. The applicant for a grant must be a nonprofit organization or government entity working with the neighborhood. If the neighborhood does not have a nonprofit to partner with, the neighborhood can contact CFNEIA to explore options.
Applications for this grant are on an ongoing basis.
How to Apply
- Fully review the Bringing Neighbors Together Grant Guidelines and Application.
- Submit all required documents as specified in the application.
If you have questions about the online grant application, please email Tom Wickersham, or call 319.243.1356