Gil Taiber Scholarship Fund
The Gil Taiber Scholarship Fund honors Gil's life and legacy. Gil had a light about him most of us can only try to imagine having, yet he carried it with grace and humility. He was employed, working hard in school, and in the process of being recruited by several colleges to play basketball and was planning to study finance or accounting. The scholarship criteria emulates the hard work, dedication, and passion Gil had at the time of his death.
Gil Taiber Scholarship Criteria
To carry on Gil’s legacy, this scholarship is available to students meeting the following criteria.
- Graduating seniors of Janesville High School (Janesville, IA), Cedar Falls High School (Cedar Falls, IA), Waterloo East High School (Waterloo, IA), Waterloo West High School (Waterloo, IA), and Waverly-Shell Rock High School (Waverly, IA).
- A grade point average of 3.85 or higher (based on a 4.0 scale).
- Work experience, with preference for students who maintained employment during the school year. Additional preference goes to students who have maintained employment for multiple years.
- Have on-going participation in athletics during high school.
- Preference goes to students who demonstrate financial need.
Give to the Fund
Financial gifts to the Gil Taiber Scholarship Fund with the Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa allows the Community Foundation to award financial assistance to students demonstrating academic and athletic excellence who are pursuing higher education. As the cost of tuition continues to rise, it is more important now than ever to diminish the barrier of affordability and allow students to focus on what is most important - their education.
Scholarship Story PDF Give Today Share this Fund