Teen Trust Student Director
Job Summary: The Teen Trust Student Director works with 26 of the area’s best high school students in one of the region’s most innovative programs, Teen Trust. This position is responsible for effectively managing the Teen Trust youth philanthropy program. The Teen Trust Student Director works with, and reports to, the Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa Program Director.
About Teen Trust: The Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa’s Teen Trust program is a model for youth philanthropy. Each year, a diverse group of students from area high schools allocates $10,000 to non-profit agencies in Black Hawk County. Using a grant application system, site visits, and training seminars, the Trustees work as a team to decide which organizations to assist through financial aid or volunteerism. Teen Trust was created with a vision in mind - to prepare youth to be “trustees of their community.”
Position Type: Temporary Part-Time
Hourly Rate: $8.00/hr
- Create and implement a recruitment plan as well as interview potential Teen Trust members.
- Coordinate and implement a retreat day for the Trustees prior to the beginning of their term.
- Coordinate, implement, and facilitate bi-monthly Teen Trust meetings.
- Update the Program Coordinator on a regular basis regarding Teen Trust progress/process.
- Facilitate and assist the students in the grant making process.
- Assist in development, coordination, and implementation of media events, press conferences, and other publicity opportunities.
- Assist in development, coordination, and implementation of leadership training activities with the students.
- Assist in organizing and participate in service projects throughout the year.
- Assist in managing the Teen Trust budget and endowment fundraising.
- Coordinate year-end grant presentations/distribution and an annual student celebration event.
- Provide information and assist in the development of annual reports.
- Assist in recruiting and training the next Teen Trust Student Director.
- Above all, mentor the Teen Trustees, guide their development as philanthropists, and act as a professional and respected ambassador for the Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa.
- College student (going into sophomore, junior or senior year)
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Competent computer skills and knowledge
- Preferred major in non-profit management or youth service
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this position: Email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail a resume and cover letter to:
Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa
Tom Wickersham, Program Director
3117 Greenhill Circle
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Click here to download the job description.
About the Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa: The Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa is a nonprofit committed to creating long-term impact in 20 counties in Iowa. CFNEIA helps people establish permanent funds to support causes they care about and awards grants to organizations creating stronger, more vibrant communities across its region. CFNEIA has granted over $85 million since it was founded in 1956. CFNEIA is confirmed in compliance with National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations.
CFNEIA is an equal opportunity employer.