The Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa provides an opportunity each year for students to apply for scholarships based on need, interest, merit and other qualifications.
TO APPLY - IMPORTANT INFO!
You must visit our Available Scholarships page to start the application process. General scholarship information is listed below for your reference only.
2013 Scholarship Deadline is March 1, 2013.
General Scholarship Submission Requirements:
- Complete the Online Scholarship Application. Click on Available Scholarships to begin.
- Submit the page that lists the scholarships for which you have chosen to apply.
- Sumbit a transcript of your academic record.
- Submit an essay that addresses the following:
- What are your post-secondary educational goals and how do you hope to achieve them while attending college?
- What are your long-term or career goals/plans, how do you intend to achieve them, and why did you choose these goals/plans?
- What personal characteristics or experiences qualify you to receive a scholarship?
- Submit one letter of reference emphasizing leadership qualities. A letter from a teacher, principal, counselor, church leader, community leader, or employer will be considered.
- Submit all materials through the Community Foundation's Online Scholarship Application System.
- Scholarship recipients are first announced at the award ceremonies held in May at each local high school, and all applicants will receive notification in writing of the outcome of their application in June.
IMPORTANT ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS:
- Applications and letters must be RECEIVED through our Online Scholarship Application System by midnight on March 1, 2013.
- Please note - Due to the large volume of applicants, late or incomplete applications will not be considered. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- You may not be eligible if you are not a graduating senior from an accredited high school.
- You may not be eligible if you are not planning to be or are not currently enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited public or private university, college, vocational, technical or post-secondary institution in Iowa.