Comments from Past Teen Trust Board Members
- "We have so many resources within ourselves that I never realized."
- "Teen Trust gave us the opportunity to become willing involved with those who are experiencing problems in the community instead of merely reading about them and remaining vaguely aware of the issues."
- "More than school or any of my school related activities, Teen Trust prepared me for the future. I learned to work with REAL people."
- "Philanthropy is what truly alive people do. They get used to giving and then they just do it without thinking. They love the feeling they get so much that they wouldn't think of stopping."
- "When I first told my parents I was in Teen Trust, they were just like, 'Great- another group.' But now they can't believe what we are responsible for and how involved the group is with the community."
- "Any time youth do something positive in the community for organizations and services primarily made up of adults, it shatters the stereotypes placed on youth. We have to stay active and committed to the community and they will acknowledge the contribution and views will be influenced."
- "Teen Trust has introduced me to teens from different high schools in Black Hawk County, which makes for a diverse board of students who want to make a real difference in the world."
Comments From Parents
- "Our child is learning so much about organization and operational skills- I am deeply impressed."
- "My son enjoys Teen Trust and the community involvement. It makes him feel like a worthwhile citizen who counts in society."
- "We believe serving on the Teen Trust Board is teaching our child important life skills. Working with others to come to a consensus is an important lesson which carries into much of daily life."
- "My daughter always comments how 'we get to this' or 'we get to do that!' She loves the friendships she has made."
- "He hates to miss meetings which says a lot about the program."
- "Teen Trust is all and more we hoped it would be for our daughter. It is one of the best programs for youth in our community."
- "This experience is unusual and valuable. Teens need opportunities like this to know that their talents and time can make a difference."
- "Teen Trust, I would like to thank you for your commitment to the youth. It helps parents to raise their kids right with associations like yours!"